As a veteran homeschool executive who have successfully graduated two young men, have since assisted many homeschool families succeed. An initial 16 years of experience in the information technology industry, together with formal training in music and composition studies, have proved advantageous to making excellent decisions whilst homeschooling. Clear goals, a winning strategy and dedication were the chief ingredients.
As a proponent for lifelong learning, continuous study and contact with students have positioned me to stay in touch across generational divide. I am still reading different subjects, which interest me at my Alma Mater. This is the key to connections in new developments across disciplines and at various levels. I am a member of several homeschool organizations, and an active advocate for keeping the HOME in homeschooling.
Educating my own boys in our home placed me in a position of extra privilege, to work diligently and faithfully towards a positive outcome. Sharing my own experiences in order to help others facilitate good outcomes is what I strive for. I continually seek wise mentors to learn from. Students often teach me through the views and opinions they hold.
• Patiently strive to meet student’s needs where they are at, academically and developmentally.
• Encourage and inspire everyone through critical thinking techniques to become their own best self.
• Create a non-competitive environment conducive to learning and self- actualization. Quick turnaround on feedback with non-competitive grading practice.
• Be flexible, adaptable and give appropriate feedback.
• Render help where it is required.
• Share helpful experiences on wisdom gained.
• Share clearly defined relationship expectations with you and your student.
• Keep the HOME in homeschooling.