1. Students need original copies of the required texts for the class.
2. High-Speed Internet access is absolutely neccesary.
3. Computer or device capable of running ZOOM™. Downloads are available here: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
4. Working camera and headphones and a quiet working area with no ambient noise. Students who disable their cameras will be summarily dismissed.
5. Students must attend Zoom meetings with their real name. This maps to the attendance register. The same naming convention is required for their Slack account.
6. Zoom is the only platform for joint student and parent discussions, which fall outside the normal lesson times. Such meeting are booked here.
7. Every student needs his/her own device (computer/tablet/smartphone etc.). Once final drafts are authorized, the typed assignment .Pdf file is submitted in one of the following templates:
Google Docs template purchasable here.
This is a one-time purchase per family and can be used for all the members of that family.
8. Parental supervision is required, especially in the early stages of this online learning journey. Younger students, and those with learning disabilities may require full-time assistance in their learning environment. The adult in charge of their education need to determine this level of support.
9. Writing paper and working pens. Like Mr. Andrew Pudewa, I discourage the use of pencils for this course. I encourage the acquisition of cursive penmanship.
10. Spell checkers and grammar tools are prohibited for the preparation of any documentation in this class. Parents have to disable this on their student's profile.
11. Student must follow the class culture code, as detailed in the document attached below.